Monday, July 19, 2010

Hero Worship

How many letters of recommendation have I written? Who the fuck knows. A lot. How many letters have I written for my hero? One. I just wrote it. When I’ve written such letters in the past for people considerably more “senior/accomplished” than me it’s always been in the context of me serving the role as the more “junior/newbie” letter writer. Know what I mean? I’ve always been expected to attest to their skills as a mentor/professor/leader from the perspective of a young ‘un. But this time was different. I mean, shit, this dude is my hero. I’m actually flattered to have the chance to flatter him and by “flattered” I mean “fuck yeah go me!” I’m a jerk like that. One minute I’m reminiscing about how awesome someone else is, how grateful I am to know them…and then, poof, I’m waxing philosophical about how fancy and tenured I am.

7 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I'm walkin on air. I never thought I could feel so free-ee-ee.
    :P
    jc

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE fancy and tenured! So do you got your crackers on? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my crackers on and my drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is why I will definitely share your blog with my friends. I wish you success!
    Site: texas longhorns varsity jacket

    ReplyDelete