Thursday, February 5, 2009

The World at Large

DamnGoodTechnician tagged me. Since we are part of an elite and highly prestigious group (the Society for Blogs with Damn in their Name, or SBDN if you prefer) I must comply. One does not mess with the SBDN.

RULES:
a) Put your MP3 player, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle
b) For each question, press the next button to get your answer
c) YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
d) Tag at least 5 people
e) Everyone tagged has to do the same thing
f) Have Fun!

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS 'ARE YOU OKAY' YOU SAY?
"Never Ending Math Equation" (Modest Mouse)

2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
"Nothing to You" (Two Gallants)
shit, that’s harsh

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"Footprints on My Ceiling" (Social Distortion)

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"Wake Up" (The Walkmen)

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
"Into the Open" (Heartless Bastards)

6. WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO?
"Brand of Skin" (Folk Implosion)

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Take a Walk" (Neil Finn & Eddie Vedder)
shit, that’s even harsher

8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"Take What You Want" (Frank Black & The Catholics)
I wish, more like take what you want but provide us with a receipt and repayment schedule

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"All Apologies" (Nirvana)

10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
"Soul and Fire" (Sebadoh)
geez, that’s almost poetic

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
"Sure Shot" (Beastie Boys)
oh whew, it would suck to inadvertently slam my friend on this one

12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"Stop" (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club)

13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
"Pepper" (Butthole Surfers)
salt is soooooo overrated

14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Wicker Chair" (Kings of Leon)

15. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"I Can’t Wait" (Brassy)
appropriate if I was a virgin…

16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Barnaby, Hardly Working" (Yo La Tengo)

17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
"Unless It’s Kicks" (Okkervil River)

18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
"Spit on a Stranger" (Pavement)
not really, not that I have spit on a stranger, but I would if necessary, and I would do so without fear, I mean if a stranger was a real asshole...

19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
“Maps” (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
yep, I have a map to the golden city of Eldorado, secrets out

20. WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW?
"The Golden Coin" (Young Galaxy)
if that's a cocktail, yes, I would like one right now

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"Benzie Box" (Danger Doom)

22. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
"The World at Large" (Modest Mouse)

As supporters of the SBDN, I must tag the 5 individuals who follow this blog. So, consider yourself tagged Javier, Vellum, Eugenie, Brightest Buzzing Desire, and Ceirsearch.

4 comments:

  1. done


    (for some reason Safari does not like the word verification... bugger...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantabulous! I am happy & proud to be a member of SBDN. I think I shall develop a logo!

    (Also, it appears we have rather complementary iPod playlists. I shall have to find some Brassy, Danger Doom, & Young Galaxy, as those are the only ones you've listed that I haven't listened to & loved.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think #13 actually reveals your hidden fantasy to be Angie Dickinson in Police Woman.

    ReplyDelete